SPRUILL-L Archives

Archiver > SPRUILL > 1997-06 > 0867731020

From: Teresa Kelley <>
Subject: Re: William C. Spruill or Charlie Spruill
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 21:23:40 -0700

I have a copy of Tully's will. I picked it up at the NC State Archives
about two years ago. I just now read it because another researcher was
asking about Tully. I'll be transcribing the will and putting it on the
Spruill page. The copy I have is poor and out of focus so it may take
me a while to get it done.

Teresa

Joe Spruill wrote:

> Dear Linda,
>
> I have JUST started doing research, and may be way off base, but have some
> information that might be useful to you. As I read your e-mail question
> many of the names you listed are familiar from our own family tree.
>
> Our Spruill family is based in Washington, Pamlico and Craven Counties in
> NC. My husband's great-great grandfather was named Albert Kenneth Spruill.
> (b.Aug. 18, 1844) We are aware of only one sibling's name, Daniel. Albert
> and Daniel's parents were Tully Spruill and Mahalia Freeman (Spruill), but
> we don't have any other sibling names. I figure there were plenty more
> Also, Albert had children or grandchildren who included names such as
> William A
> Caroline
> George
> Mary
> James
> It is my theory that William C. could be a sibling of Albert's and we'd
> have to check into that.
> We still don't have anything past Tully Spruill (although I have more dates
> available about him) in our research, but if any of this could help connect
> you or I with the other Spruill's listed- that's great!
>
> Sincerely, Michele Spruill

This thread: