SPOHN-L Archives

Archiver > SPOHN > 2008-09 > 1222630449

From: ,
Subject: Re: [SPOHN] What does it mean????
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:34:09 -0000

Author: juneau21
Surnames: Spohn
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.spohn/55.4/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My name is Kurt Spohn. Like you, I also have a relative named Theo Spohn. I am curious as to whether this means we are related or if it is just a coincidence that we both have relatives named Theo Spohn. The Theo Spohn in my family is a cousin to my late father, Gustav Johannes Spohn, Jr. -- Theo's father, Albert Spohn, and my father's father, Gustav Johannes Spohn, Sr. were brothers. I believe that both my Great Uncle Albert Spohn and my Grandfather Gustav Johannes Spohn, Sr. were born in Reutlingen. Could your grandfather, Theo Spohn, be the same person as my father's cousin, Theo Spohn? I am sorry that I do not know the answer to your question regarding the meaning of "Spohn."

Important Note: