SODEN-L Archives

Archiver > SODEN > 2009-11 > 1258799091

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [SODEN] Soden and Huntley/Huntly in Kent
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:24:51 -0000

Author: Karen_H59
Surnames: soden huntley
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.soden/289.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Jan,

I wish I could help you, but the Soden's are a bit of a stumbling block in my research. I recently ordered a death certificate hoping it would be my great great great grandmother Elizabeth Soden. But it was not. The Elizabeth on the certificate, who died in 1864, was a widow of James David Soden. John Huntley died at the residence of Thomas P Soden, presumably the brother of my great great grandmother Louisa Huntley (nee Soden). Louisa must have died within about a year after my great grandfather being born. I don't know where or when exactly, and have not as yet obtained her death cert.

Lois may have a Joseph on her Soden tree, but as yet I've not encountered one on mine.

If the Elizabeth who died in 1864, widow of James Soden, rings any bells with you I'm happy to forward a copy of the cert.

Do you know where your Soden's were from in UK? Have you located them on the 1851 Census?

Regards,
Karen

Important Note: