SNEAD-L Archives

Archiver > SNEAD > 1999-08 > 0935686995

From: Joanne Frieze <>
Subject: Re: [SNEAD-L] Nicholas Snead and Sally McDaniel
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:03:15 -0700

After posting the message below, I was asked why I thought Richard A. Sneed was the
son of John Snead, Sr. and Jame Winn. For the rest of those on the list, my answer
was:

I copied this information at the LDS Library, Salt Lake City, UT, 19 June 1981,
from the book "History of Audrain Co., Missouri", published by the St. Louis
National Historical Co., 1884.

Biography of (Richard) Nicholas Sneed. This is a partial quote, not the whole
biography.

"Mr. Sneed was born in Albermarle County, Virginia, October 25, 1822. His father
was Richard A. Sneed, formerly of HANOVER County, the same State. His mother's
maiden name was Lucinda Bick." (not Beck) "She was of English descent."

This is why I have gone with the assumption that John Snead, Jr. and Jane Winn
were the parents of my Richard A. Sneed.