SMITH-PA-L Archives

Archiver > SMITH-PA > 2004-04 > 1082806157

From: Joe & Steph <>
Subject: Re: Joseph H. and Mary Druch Smith/PA: FOUND in 1900 Census!!!!
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:29:17 -0400

Hi all...

I wanted to let everyone who attempted to help me in locating Joseph and
Mary Smith in the 1900 census and also those who may be looking
too....that I was able to find them with the help of my wife.....
They were living in Lehigh County, Fountain Hill Borough with Joseph's
brother Preston Smith and mother Mary Smith.....Preston was the head of
the family then came Mary, the mother, another brother and then Joseph,
Mary and daughter Florence....
My wife was dilgent in trying to help me also in locating them....she
tried everything she could think of....different spellings, trying
Joseph's name different ways, looking under Mary.....you name, she tried
it....then as she was scrolling down the names, she saw Preston and saw
the fact that he was living in Fountain Hill Boro....she remembered that
some of the Smith's are buried in the Fountain Hill Cemetery and decided
to look there....and low and behold she was amazed that she found
them!!!!! It took her all day almost to find them....(she works at a
local library with access to Ancestry.com and Hertiage Quest.com)....
So we wanted to thank everyone who helped or are about to or have tried
to help and to those who are about to....
BUT if anyone has any information on this family as I had described in
the last email, please help me in locating info on them.....appreciate
any info.....thank you and appreciated any and all help.....

Sincerely,
Joe Grohol Jr

This thread: