SHORT-L ArchivesArchiver > SHORT > 2010-12 > 1291482821
From: "" <>
Subject: [SHORT] Most wanted SHORT DNA
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 17:13:41 -0000
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
I am the administrator of the SHORT DNA Project at:
There are several SHORT lines that the project would like to see descendants DNA test. These include:
1. Any SHORT line with a proved ancestry to or entirely in Europe.
2. Any SHORT line from the northern United States. At present the Project is dominated by southern lines, partly due to the fact that census show the name was more prevalent there. By 1820, there were significant numbers of SHORTs in NY, DE, MA, PA, and OH. Where are their descendants, and why haven't they tested?
3. A male SHORT descended from William SHORT b. ca. 1641 who died ca. 1676 in Surry Co., VA.
4. A male SHORT descended from the SHORT families of Rockingham/Page Counties, VA.
5. A male SHORT descended from John SHORT of VA who married ca. 1757 Winnifred RANDALL.
There is a sale on DNA testing through the end of the year, of which details may be seen at the above page.
If you are not a SHORT, but would like to contribute to the Project General Fund to help sponsor a test from a specific lineage, see the link near the top of the page:
You may specify that the funds are to be used for a specific lineage. This is a great way for those whose SHORT ancestry is through maternal lines to participate.
For anyone on Facebook, there is also a page for the Project at:
SHORT DNA Group Administrator
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
|[SHORT] Most wanted SHORT DNA by "" <>|