SHERIDAN-L Archives

Archiver > SHERIDAN > 2009-11 > 1259636008

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [SHERIDAN] Philip H Sheridan
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 02:53:28 -0000

Author: susanpetrakis4
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.sheridan/40.53.54.120.122.397.532/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Barb,

I believe that Michael Sheridan, Gen Phil's uncle, or great uncle is my gr-gr- gr grandfather. My gr-gr grandmother, Mary Sheridan, would be Michael's daughter. She was born in Ireland (Cavan?) in 1823. She married Michael Kelly in Ireland in early 1840s.

They left for America in 1846 and settled in Defiance, OH, working first as indentured servants/laborers. In 1851 they acquired a farm of their own in Defiance. Their children were Hannah M (1851), Thomas Anthony (1853), Bridget (1855) , Catharine M (1858), and Michael (1862), all born in Defiance.

Mary Sheridan told her children and grandchildren that Phil Sheridan was her cousin. It seems that the Sheridan clan was enormous!

Do you have any Kellys in your tree? Any Sheridans--besides Gen. Phil's immediate family--who went to Ohio?

Thanks,
Susan

Important Note: