SHEETS-L Archives

Archiver > SHEETS > 2008-04 > 1207234758

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [SHEETS] Henry Sheets / Sites
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:59:18 -0000

Author: Connie Sheets
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.sheets/1358.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I'm going to disagree slightly with my friend Paul. While Sites, Seitz etc. are definitely different surnames/families, I have seen them living near Sheets/Sheetz families in the same locality in Ohio and been confused in the records. More often by later indexers than by the original scribes, but I would never assume that because the spelling in a record was Sites that I can automatically rule that person out without more information.

Connie in AZ

Important Note: