SE-TN-L Archives

Archiver > SE-TN > 2005-02 > 1109340930

From: "F. J. Richter" <>
Subject: Re: Bisplinghoff in Roane and Hamilton County
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:16:39 -0500

The mother and 4 BISPLINGHOFF sons came from New York to Tennessee in 1851. The mother has been recorded as being MARIE
VON STEINHOFF BISPLINGHOFF in all the records of Chattanooga, and Tennessee. I have the marriage record form Elberfeld,
Germany which states her name was HELENA MARIA SCHMIDT. It also appears as SCHMIDT in the births of her sons in
Germany. I have not found any explanation for this discrepancy, and hope someone can give me a clue. I have not found
any other marriages for her, but that remains a possibility.

Other names I'm researching with connection to the Bisplinghoffs are: DICKERT, HUFFINE, MILLS, MURR, NEERGAARD,
STEWARD, STOTTLING, SUNS, WOODY.

Thanks - fred

http://www.parallax.ws/fjrichter

---