SE-TN-L Archives

Archiver > SE-TN > 1999-12 > 0945375573

From: <>
Subject: Re: [SE-TN] Daugherty's of McMinn Co.
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:19:33 EST

I was born in Etowah, TN, and lived in Athens and Englewood and Englewood
from 1948 to 1954. I remember my Grandmother Heath sending me to the
department store in Englewood, only it wasn't called a store she just would
just say "go down to Henry Daughertys and" and pick up whatever it was she
wanted, I drove through Englewood this summer and although Grandmothers house
is still there, it was a lot larger when I lived there, The Methodist church
where my brother and I walked as well as to school, seemed much farther away,
guess it was because our legs were shorter. Lots of wonderful childhood
memories all came flooding back when I saw the searches for the Daughertys,
There was an o ld wooden store called Widners' I think right near the
railroad track, it's gone now of course. Thanks for the few m inutes of
nastalagia. Linda

This thread: