SCT-SUT-TONGUE-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-SUT-TONGUE > 2004-01 > 1074206404

From: "Mary Young" <>
Subject: Re: [SUT] My Interests, SUTHERLAND and MacKAY
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:40:04 -0000

Donald wrote -
MacKAY: village of Coldbackie, Ann born 1825, daughter of George MacKay
and
Lexy Ross: does anyone have a note of their marriage or descent from
Ann's
siblings?
-----
George died 1874, parents William Mackay & Ann Calder
Lexy died 1894, parents Andrew Ross & Elizabeth Mackay.
Also have deaths for 3 of their 8 children.
Sutherland, 1821-1899 (m. Marion Mackay)
Ann, 1823-1866 (m. John Sutherland, Scullomie - Don Massey's line).
Elizabeth 1827-
Marion, 1829-
Andrew, 1832-1861 (died unmarried)
Williamina S. 1835- (m. Hector McLeod)
Nancy, 1837-
William, birth unknown, died aft 1894. (witnessed mother's death - I
wonder if this was Williamina, although I definitely transcribed
"William, son").
----
I have a few descendants of these children.
----
Hope this is helpful. I would welcome correction if anything is wrong !
Regards, Mary Young

This thread: