SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2012-04 > 1335029773

From: elizabeth mcdonald <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] McDonald Family in Mull & Canada
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 17:36:13 +0000

Dear Doug,
I am interested in this family, Doug, because it appears from the info you have given that they settled at Sonya in Mariposa Township, Victoria County, Ontario. eg. did Margaret emigrate as a widow with children? My McDonalds are from Iona but they also settled in Mariposa to retire, after first emigrating to Vaughan in 1820. The youngest two children married at Sonya's Presbyterian church.

Do you know more about these children? Where they lived in Canada and where died?

I will check my McDonald binders as I'm sure I have already got some info on them. Are you related to this family?

All the best.
Elizabeth McDonald,
Sarnia, Ontario.