SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2012-04 > 1334939426

From: "Sandra Becker" <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Germany calling Mull
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:30:34 +0200

Hi there Ida lovely to hear from you and get your info.
Actually I have been more into my Dingwall line, they originated from
Dingwall but my G.G. Grandfather moved to Liverpool. I was born there in
1943
Sorry, but you may notice that my English is a bit rusty, and I am not at
all good on the computer.

You mentioned Donald Campbell 1851 in Acharn Ulva 1851 , have just looked at
a map but couldn't find it . Does KLN mean Kilninian ?

Back to your question Ida.

My maternal G. G. Grandparents, all from Mull were:

Hugh Campbell b. 1807 d. 22.06.1899 married to
Sarah Black b. 1816 d. 14.01.1877

Hugh Maclean b. 26.01. 1821 married to
Euphemia MacDonald b. 1821 d. 04.03. 1868

No wonder my Grandmother was called Hughina !!!

I have notes from an American lady who looked into our Family History many
years ago, and she was sure the MacLeans were from Dervaig / Rhindle Farm
And the Campells were from Gruline / Corkamull Cottage.

I dream of getting to Mull one day and finding out much more, but meanwhile
am soooo pleased about this opportunity.
Thanking you all in advance
Sandra / Germany

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----