SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2012-02 > 1330095542

From: Marvin MacLean <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] SCT-ISLEOFMULL Digest, Vol 7, Issue 33
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 06:59:02 -0800

McCallum's of Avoca - I have someone in my tree that is recorded as
marrying, 3 April 1857, a William Alexander McCallum, from Avoa, Quebec but
I cannot find much information about this. From the dates of the marriage,
it seems like it may have been a second marriage because the children
listed are much older.

Euphemia McLean, daughter of Duncan McLean and Mary Ann McArthur m William
Alexander McCallum...any information on this McCallum family would be
appreciated.

Also, has anyone made a connection between the McCallums of Avoca and the
McCallums of Lochaber, Quebec. Donald McLean m Janet McCallum, Mull,
Scotland and immigrated to Canada about 1830. There were early
intermarriages between these two Quebec communities and I suspect these
families were closely connected in Scotland before arrival in Quebec. Has
anyone made this connection?

Marvin MacLean

This thread: