SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L ArchivesArchiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2011-07 > 1310036207
Subject: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Col. Neil McLean - Part 2
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 06:56:47 -0400
Continuing with the children from the 2nd marriage of John McLean, b. 11 April 1789, to Hannah Anna Wilson.
1. Jane Anne, b. 2 January 1832 Ontario, Canada, d. 1879 Montreal, Quebec, Canada; married, about 1854 Ontario, Canada, Joseph Walker. Joseph was born about 1825 Ontario, Canada, died before 1871 in Quebec, Canada. (Was not able to locate much information on Joseph, so any additional would be greatly appreciate). Jane & Joseph had at least four children – 1) Kenneth McLean, born about 1855 Quebec; 2) Sutherland Montague, born about 1858 Quebec; 3) Anne Mary Josephine, born about 1862 Quebec; and 4) Eleanor Wilhelmina, born about 1865 Quebec.
2. Jessie Montague, born 1 September 1833 Ontario, Canada (have not been able to determine date/place of death); married 9 January 1852 Stormont County, Ontario, Canada, Thomas Patrick French, son of Thomas & Gabriel French. He was born about 1824 in Ireland. Jessie & Thomas had at least two children – John McLean French, b. about 1862 Ontario, Canada, m. 23 January 1893 in Toronto, York County, Ontario, Helena Charlotte O’Keefe, daughter of Eugene O’Keefe and Helen Charlotte Bailey. Helena was born about 1865 in Ontario, Canada; and Anna M. French, b. about 1868 in Ontario, Canada.
3. Ellen Pringle, born 14 May 1835 in Stormont County, Ontario, Canada – have not been able to determine date/place of death or if she married and had children.
4. Wilhelmina, born 13 March 1837 in Stormont County, Ontario, Canada, d. 27 July 1874 Ottawa, Carleton Co., Ontario, Canada.
5. John McGillivray, born 18 June 1839 Stormont County, Ontario, Canada, d. 1862, Cornwall, Stormont County, Ontario, Canada.
6. Neil Wilson, born 3 March 1846 in Stormont County, Ontario, Canada, d. 1 October 1884 Ottawa, Carleton Co., Ontario, Canada
The next child of Col. Neil McLean and Isabella MacDonell:
6. Archibald McLean, born 15 April 1791 Cornwall Twp., Ontario, Canada, died 24 October 1865 Toronto, Ontario, Canada, married, 1817 Ontario, Canada, Joan McPherson, daughter of John McPherson, of Three Rivers. Have not been able to locate any information on Joan except that she was baptized in St. James Church, Three Rivers, Quebec, Canada and she died in 1870. Archibald & Joan had the following children:
(1) John Neil McLean, born 1819, died 6 March 1875 Prescott, Leeds & Grenville, Ontario, Canada; m. Isabella Harriet McLean, b. 13 November 1821 Kingston, Ontario, Canada, died 1874 Prescott, Leeds & Grenville. Children as listed previously.
(2) Archibald George McLean, b. about 1820 Ontario, Canada, died 27 March 1899 Toronto, York County, Ontario, Canada; m. Frances Amelia MacNaughton O’Callaghan (have not been able to locate any information on Frances – not sure I have her given name correctly – except that she was born in Ireland). Archibald & Frances had – Archibald, born about 1866 in England; Duncan John, born about 1871 in Ireland, d. 5 October 1935 Toronto, York County, Ontario, Canada.
(3) Isabella McLean, b. about 1823 Ontario, Canada; d. 1893 in Toronto, York County, Ontario, Canada.
(4) Thomas Alexander McLean, b. 28 May 1824 Ontario, Canada, died 1896 Toronto, York County, Ontario, Canada, m. (do not have the date of marriage) Fanny Duddridge (have no information on her). Thomas & Fanny had – Elizabeth Joan, born 2 September 1853 Toronto, York, Ontario, Canada, m. 2 June 1886 Toronto, Joseph Harry Ferguson, born about 1849 Ontario, Canada; Isabella Maria, born 8 July 1855 Toronto, no other information; Archibald Duncan, born 23 October 1859 Toronto, m. 22 October 1889 Toronto, Alice Louisa Meredith, born about 1850 Ontario, Canada;
Mary McPherson McLean, born 14 July 1861 Toronto, no additional information; Joan Cameron McLean, born 6 November 1863 Toronto, m. 9 November 1897 Ontario, Canada, William Edward Smith – no further information; Katherine Maude McLean, born 6 January 1866 Toronto; m. 10 October 1900 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Harold McClure Williams – no further information.
(5) Mary Jane McLean, b. about 1831 Ontario, Canada – no further information.
(6) Catherine Jesse McLean, born 14 June 1833 Ontario, Canada, died 3 April 1834 Ontario, Canada.
(7) Neil McLean, born 18 April 1835 Ontario, Canada, d. 1 January 1910 Belleville, Hastings Co., Ontario, Canada; m. Emilie Berford (have no information on Emilie or the date of their marriage). Neil & Emilie had – Violet Morvern, born about 1871 Cornwall Twp., Stormont Co., Ontario, Canada; Norman Berford, born 18 Dec 1873 Cornwall Twp.; and Evan Hamilton, born 6 May 1876 Cornwall Twp. Evan married twice, but I have only been able to determine the name of the 2nd wife, who he m. 17 January 1925 at Picton, Prince Edward Co., Lillie Ferguson, daughter of C. Lafayette Ferguson.
(8) Elizabeth McLean, b. about 1838 Ontario, Canada, died 27 June 1909 Belleville, Hastings Co., Ontario, Canada.
Getting rather long again, so I will continue with Col. Neil’s & Isabella’s children in Part 3.
Linda Bennion (North Carolina)