SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2011-07 > 1309850359

From: "MF" <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] website
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 08:24:30 +0100

hi Jan - admin rights means control of that particular area/sub-tree. Info
can be added or ammended without the need to come through me. It gives
visitors their own part of the site, that they control. The song 'My Way'
springs to mind.

The reason for this, is simply to get people more involved.

What's the problem with signing on ?. Don't you do this with your email
client, bank, and a host of other things ?.

Membership lets me see who is using the site, and I can encourage users to
contribute. An open site doesn't allow for this.

As for email addressess being shown, i'm not for that. Privacy and security
come to mind. However, anyone can ask a question, and i'm only too happy to
answer. Recently I had two users researching the same name, and I put them
in touch with each other. Over 90% of site info comes from GROS
(Scotlandspeople), and from the IGI. The rest comes from visitor/users, and
family websites (which i give links to)

Please feel free to pop in for a look

Michael