SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2011-04 > 1303319250

From: "Janet" <>
Subject: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Registration of events in Mull
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:07:30 +0100

Can someone tell me please where a resident of Mull would go, in the past, to record an
event, a birth, marriage or death records where the usual residence was in Mull? We know
that mistakes do happen, particularly when the event is a death but does any one know from
what location would the public record have been made? Would a Clerk or a Registrar
actually make a mistake from what was written originally to what went on the public
record?
The reason for my question is that in a birth record of a family that originates in Mull,
the happy father stated that his marriage was in Torosay. I always thought the family
originated in Mull, but now I wonder. David CAMPBELL b abt 1822, the census stated
Kilfinnichen. His parents Duncan CAMPBELL b abt 1797 and Margaret McKINNON b abt 1791
Kilninian & Kilmore. I've never found where David Campbell's parents originated because
the records are inconclusive. It is possible he was a natural child and that there was no
marriage.
The question of course is whether the Clerk/Registrar has made this mistake.

Janet
Googlemail bounces. http://tinyurl.com/2w34hk2

This thread: