SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2011-04 > 1302004268

From: "MF" <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] McMillan, McIntyre, McDonald and McCormack
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:52:20 +0100

Libby - as you know, i'm working on the McLean line, as I see this as your
best way to make a connection.

I'm almost 100% sure that Neil was the s/o Allan/Catherine McLean. Following
the Census returns down the years, the 1881 Balligown throws up a brother
Hector to Neil, virtually confirming Neil's parents.

HECTOR MC LEAN
Christening: 24 JUL 1825 Kilninian
Father: ALLAN MC LEAN
Mother: CATHERINE MC LEAN

There was also a Margaret :
MARGARET MCLEAN
Christening: 12 NOV 1820 Kilninian
Father: ALLAN MCLEAN
Mother: CATHARINE MCLEAN

Allan disappears from the 1851 Census, but has his wife Catherine aged 52,
dau Mary and son Duncan at Balligown.

The 1881 Census also shows Neil's dau Ann having recently married another
Neil McLean (he is 46, and Ann is 30), with child Neil aged 1

Now, Ann (I think this is the correct one) died 1930 Tobermory, as a widow
of Neil McLean shepherd (one of their sons married Susan Unknown -
Informant)

Ann's parents are given as Neil McLean/Marion McLEAN (not McMillan).

However, due to the Informant being a dau-in-law, she might not have known
Marion's maiden name.

And this brings us nicely to John McDonald of Skye, Informant of Flora
McIntyre. You cannot take his information as being 'Gospel'.

Would appreciate knowing that Marion/Sarah's date of death is as was stated
1906, and that her parents are confirmed as being Arch McMillan/Flora
McIntyre

Michael