SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2011-01 > 1296143047

From: Valeria Greenwood <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Mackinnon of Mishnish
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:44:07 -0400

Hi Linda,
This is my family of MacKinnons and we have corresponded in the past. I
just briefly scanned what you have written (and printed it off so I can go
through it in detail when I return home from my errands today).

It does appear that what you have is correct, according to my records. I
have some of this on Ancestry.com--are you a member. However, I received a
message from someone who stated that I was on the wrong John Mackinnon. He
never did get back to me so I could check out what he had on his family
tree. However, more than one source indicates that our John did, in fact,
marry Jean Paterson and they had numerous children. The names of the male
children are the same as those of my John MacKinnon and Jean. The only
thing I did not have was the names of the females, which are on the LDS site
now.-

I have a lot of material on John and his children that I discovered at the
archives here in Halifax. Land that belonged to the boys and being sold,
etc. I have sent much of this to Ed MacKInnon, who is also researching this
line.

We can chat privately later and, if you are interested in receiving copies
of any of these document, I can see how they will scan. Somewhere in this
pile of papers, I also have the will of Ranald MacKinnon.

Valeria Greenwood
Nova Scotia