SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2010-08 > 1281366367

From: "John Gibb" <>
Subject: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Beaton's on Mull
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:06:07 +0100

Hi ,
I have been doing some research into Beaton's who lived on the Ross of
Mull.
My gg/gmother was Euphemia Beaton b. 22/10/1826, her parents were Donald
Beaton & Cirsty (Christina) McGilvra (McGilvary). On the Mull website it
states that Donald was baptised in 1795, d. 19/04/1878 and that his parents
were William Beaton & Catherine McFee. I have a death certificate (attached)
for Donald Beaton d. 19/04/1878 aged 83 which gives his wife as Christina
McGilvray but gives parents as Neil Beaton & Mary McLean. This is the only
death certificate I can find for a Donald Beaton in Mull in 1878, there is
one other in Argyll but its on the Isle of Coll. The death source for Donald
is given as Kate Price but the baptism year is given only as IGI.
Can anyone possibly clear this up for me, I realise that Beaton was
a common name and its possible that two Donald Beaton's died on the same
day. Any other information you have would be great.

Regards

John McKinnon Gibb

This thread: