SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2010-06 > 1277817711

From: "Elaine Robinson" <>
Subject: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Boyd family
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:21:51 -0400

Hi
I have been working on my McKinnons as usual and thought I would pass on some basic information on a Boyd family from Mull.
The marriage of Dugald to Janet McDonald on February 7 1828 in Kilfinichen is in Ian's database but there doesn't seem to be anything about their family.

Dougald Boyd b abt 1806 d Apr 26 1875 buried in the Rocky Saugeen Cemetery Bentinck Twp Grey Co
wife Janet (Jessie) McDonald b abt 1814 Sct died Mar 26 1882 buried Rocky Saugeen Twp Bentinck Twp Grey Co
**This is possibly Dugald Boyd bap Jul 13 1809 son of Duncan Boyd and Christy McLean**

children:

Catherine chr Apr 26 1829 Kilfinichen died after 1910 Ganges Twp Allegan Co Michigan

Ann 1838 Ontario born Aug 18 1837 Vaughan Twp York Co Ontario
married Donald McKinnon abt 1855 died Aug 14 1868 Ganges Twp Allegan Co Michigan

Sarah 1839 Vaughan Twp York Co Ontario
married Daniel Scheyler Horton on Jan 11 1860

John Oct 8 1840 Vaughan Twp York Co

Flora Aug 12 1843 Vaughan Twp York Co

Archibald abt 1846

Mary 1848 Glenelg Twp Grey Co
married Alfred Malley May 30 1871

Hugh 1852 Glenelg Twp Grey Co

It looks as if there are children missing between Catherine and Ann. I have not gone into the Mull records to check this family.
The only line I have worked on is Ann who married Donald McKinnon, brother to my ggg grandfather Neil, and I have quite a bit of information on that line. Donald and Ann had six children and when Ann died her sister Catherine remained in Michigan and cared for the children. She never married and appears to have died between the 1910 and 1920 census.
Donald remarried and resided with his new wife and Catherine remained in the old household and raised the children.

Elaine Robinson
Georgetown Ontario

This thread: