SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2009-06 > 1244715338

From: "Janet" <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Religion
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:15:38 +0100

If you are questioning why children of a Church of Scotland or Church of England/Roman Catholic marriage should be raised in the Roman Catholic faith, that is the way it was/is for the marriage to proceed. In more modern times the children might later decide to lapse the Catholic faith. Might it have been to conform to a new way of life in Canada, away from religious conflict, in Scotland in a desire to seek something better. By 1844 there was an Industrial Revolution that drove people to do anything. Maybe The Church of Scotland religion was a snub in the face of the Church of England at that time.

Janet