SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2009-02 > 1233897632

From: "John Beaton" <>
Subject: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Shipping Mull to Aust & NZ
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:20:32 +1000

Seeing Keith Dash's message re emigrant ships from Coll & Tiree made me wonder if there is any similar compilation for Mull shipping to Aust & NZ around the period 1838 - 1846.

I have been unsuccessful in finding my John Beaton (KLN 1815) who married in NZ in 1843 and also his brother Archibald (KLN 1817) who apparently arrived in Aust c1846.

I have checked index lists for assisted and unassisted immigration but it is quite likely that not all ships have been indexed. I would be quite prepared to check passenger lists on individual ships if I knew which were the likely candidates.

John Beaton
Brisbane

This thread: