SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2008-11 > 1226343877

From: Merle & Ida King <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Angus Graham c1780-1858 m1814Catharine McKinnon
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:04:37 -0700

Hi Tricia

One more try for Catherine McKinnon the wife of Angus Graham in 1841 KLF
:-( This will be my last one I think :-[

Burg KLF 48 McDonald Mary 50 Cotter Y not sure if she's in the same
household
Burg KLF 48 McKinnon Cathrine 40 Y may be using her maiden name this census
Burg KLF 48 McKinnon Mary 75 Y McKechnie husb John ????

Cathrine Graham, widow of Angus Graham died aged 69 on the 25th of
January 1864 at Ardtun, Kilf. & Kilv. Parents John McKinnon, farmer and
Mary McKinnon M/S Mary McEachern. Her son-in-law Dugald McMaster,
merchant, Bunessan, not present, signed. (his wife Marion Jul 20 1821)
So perhaps Catherine was visitng her mother on census night . Always
more ?'s than answers.

There was another couple with the same names of John McKinnon & Mary
McEachern also in the Ardtun area.
I have that they married Mar 21 1810 in KLF 7506228, 38
They have Malcolm Feb 3-12 1811
Flora Jun 7 1812
Euphemia Nov 7 1813 she m's John McDonald
Charles Sep 9 1815
Hector Sep 13 1818,
Marion Feb 6 1820

Mary McEachern, widow of John McKinnon, died aged 88 on the 1st of
October 1864 at Ardtun, Kilf. & Kilv. Parents Charles McEachern, crofter
and Catherine McEachern M/S Catherine McGilvray. Her son-in-law John
MacDonald, present, signed.
Ida

Tricia Barnett wrote:

>Well spotted Ian
>
>Ann Graham b 1804 C115422 was daughter of Angus Graham and Ann McDonald.
>Angus and Ann also had an Archibald b 1821.
>
>In 1841 Angus (m Cath) aged 60 is
>1841 Kilfinichen & Kilvicheon District : 4 Page No : 20 House No : 64 Locality : Ardtun 5th Division 18412252
> McCallum Archibald 55 Agric Labourer Y in Parish
> McCallum Ann 35 Y in Parish
> McGilvray Margaret 20 Female Servant Y in Parish
> Graham Angus 60 Agric Labourer Y in Parish
> Graham Sally 15 Y in Parish
> Graham Alexander 15 Y in Parish
> Graham John 15 Y in Parish
> Graham Niel 12 Y in Parish
>Not sure where his wife Catherine is in 1841??
>
> and is this other ANGUS in 1841 Kilfinichen & Kilvicheon District No : 4 Page No : 1 House No : 2 Locality : Ardtun 1st Division 18412190 widower? NOTE same address as MCKINNON & MUNN families.
>
>Tricia

This thread: