SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2008-05 > 1210410757

From: "Joy & John" <>
Subject: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] McInnes Muddle
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 19:12:37 +1000

Hi June,

Yes, I already had thought that Christina was born before her parents married.
It is very possible that she had a different father. I did not know that Mary came from Tiree so that is something new for me!
She definately was not born in 1836. I have so many other certificates from Australia that show she was the oldest of the children.
Maybe the parents made that year up when all of the children were christened so that it was not obvious she had been born before they married.

Thank you so much for the offer of the marriage certificate. That would be fantastic!!
Thank you also for your help so far. It is much appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Joy
Australia

Hi Joy,

The only other detail I have on this family is that Dugald's wife, Mary,
came from Tiree. I haven't been able to find birth certificates for
either of them.

Since they were married in 1835, and Christina seems to have been born
around 1832/3, is it possible that she was illigitimate and born before Mary
met Dugald, possibly in Tiree?

It says on the Mull site that she was born on 22nd Oct 1836 but I cannot
find an entry on Scotlands People to confirm that, which to be honest, is
not unusual as they have numerous transcription errors. Also, if she was
born in 1836, she would only have been 13/14 years old when she got
married! I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

I have a copy of their marriage cert which I could send if you don't already
have one.

Regards
June

This thread: