SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2007-12 > 1196813761

From: Ben Tinck <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] McNeil/Campbell now McLucais/McDougall
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 19:16:01 -0500 (EST)

Ida

Just curious. My gr gr grandmother Mary McLucais/McDougald was born in 1793 from what I have seen on her gravestone at the Rocky Cemetary. She could have been born in 1791 who knows. COULD THIS Mary that is mentioned as one of the children of Neil McLucais be my Mary?

Sandy

Hi John

Thanks for this . Every
tibdit that's shared will help someone fill in a missing blank or two.

Which brings up an interesting item for our McLucais/McDougall researchers.

These items may be found as other spellings for our researchers. As I
collect only data I restrict my surname specifics to the common choices.

In my information I have 2 Neil McLucais.

#1 I have is Neil McLucais m's ? McEachern Dec 21 1779 Ardamurchan KLN I
have found anything additional on them to date :-[

#2 I have Neil McLucais m's Catherine McEachern Feb 6 1783 probably
Kilchrist KLN
the children found are:
Donald Sep 19 1788 KLN
Mary Apr 24 1791 KLN
Archibald Mar 18 1793 KLN

The Duncan (McDougall) you mention below with a birthdate of abt 1793
would fit nicely into the above family :-)

Another son for this couple might be Malcolm McLucais <1787-Jan 14 1868
who m's Janet McLean. Janet and her son Donald appear as living close to
Duncan in 1871 Penmore KLN. They are buried in the Calgary cemetery
under the name of McDougall. Their son Donald could be the informant on
Duncan's death certificate.

Any thoughts
Ida