SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2007-09 > 1190678082

From: "Elaine Robinson" <>
Subject: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] and more MCKINNONs
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:54:42 -0400

I am trying to find out more about the following family:
John McKinnon and Flora Campbell
children:
Charles Feb 27 1828 Shiaba
Mary Nov 22 1829 Shiaba
Catherine Nov 22 1829 Shiaba
Angus May 1 1832
Hugh Nov 17 1834
Lauchlan Jul 22 1837
Hugh Jan 7 1842
Donald abt 1846

In 1841 census in Shiaba , Angus and Lachlan are with John and Isabella?? (I think this is an error) while Charles Catherine and Mary are next door with John and Mary Beaton.
In 1851 the whole family is in Paisley: John and Flora, Donald, Hugh, Charles, Catherine, Angus and Lachlan.
1861 in Paisley Flora is head of the family with Angus, Hugh and Donald living with her. I haven't located the others in this census.
I haven't found any of them in Paisley area in the 1871 census but I know that Donald came to Ontario in 1874.

Did any of the others come to Ontario?

Elaine Robinson
Georgetown Ontario
Looking for McKinnons in Ontario and Mull

This thread: