SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2007-08 > 1187001038

From: "Ellen Sturgeon" <>
Subject: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] McNair/McKinnon
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:30:38 +0100

Hi everybody,
Still looking for info of my g-grandfather's parents, Catherine McKinnon, & Daniel Alexander McNair. Catherine was the daughter of Charles McKinnon, & Rachel Beaton of Lee. Born September 22nd 1822. We now wonder if g-grandfather James McNair was born out of wedlock. He was brought up by his McKinnon grandparents. There is no record of a marriage between Catherine & Daniel Alexander. My cousin was told that Catherine married a Kenneth Kennedy who was also from Mull. She at least had two sons. They moved to Old Kilpatrick which is on the lower part of the river Clyde. Kenneth Kennedy worked as a bridge keeper on the Forth & Clyde Canal. This is all we know about Kenneth Kennedy. Has anyone information re this Kennedy family on Mull?
All the best,
Ellen.

This thread: