SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2006-11 > 1162732876

From: "frank mcgonigal" <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] DNA
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 08:21:16 -0500

Hi Judy
You're absolutely correct of course on the 12 marker test,and that people
would have to go for the 25 marker if they match in the 12 to be of any use.
Maybe a geographical one would be too cumbersome,but I still believe that
DNA testing would be valuable in many individual cases.
There are many success stories in this type of genealogical research.

I brought this up to stimulate discussion and see if it would be useful to
our Mull group.
Maybe it's best left to the individual rather than having a geographical DNA
group.
I'm not trying to close this subject,I'd still like to see as many Mull
Listers as possible have the DNA tests done,it opens up the 'Big Picture',to
use a modern BUZZ word,and gives us an insight into our ancestry,plus it may
answer some questions about connections that can't be proved by a paper
trail.

Thanks
Frank McGonigal Ont.Canada.