SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2006-11 > 1162679919

From: "gerry" <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] DNA
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 09:42:26 +1100

hi everyone
A Mull DNA project is a clever idea and I would fully support it.I have had
good results from Family Tree DNA from the Wilson project. My paternal
Grandmother Catherine Campbell married a William Wilson from SW Donegal who
was Scottish /Irish they lived near Donegal Town on St. Johns Point
near,Inver,Dunkinelly etc..Williams father John took his family to Bradford
Ont. in 1862.Finding Irish records is much harder than Scottish ones but
help was on its way.A Ken Wilson from Minn.USA got in touch with me because
his family was from there too.We exchanged family pictures and he decided
we should do a DNA test with my oldest Cousin Kenn Wilson from Sioux Lookout
Ont.I was a bit shy to ask because I had only just located him by taking an
ad in the Manitoba newspapers because the Wilson/Campells had moved there.A
nice person sent the ad to Glenn who wrote to me within a week. Glenn is a
real sweety and was very glad to do the test.Recently I contacted DNA Family
Tree to ask if we could use Kenn for their Campbell project .I was told we
need to the direct male Campbell line ie Glenns grandmother was a Campbell
.We have to find a living male Campbell. Because digging up my Hector and
Donald Campbells up would be considered goulish and possibley illegal l have
have been looking in Ont. for male Campbell cousins. Recently a very nice
cousin who is the result of Hector Campells 2nd wife Susan Kennedy got in
touch with me.She is a keen reseacher and we are making some progress.Her
ggrandfather was a Mckinnon who married into my Campbell line.

ps Hey frank we may be related on the Irish side

many regards Gerry