SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2006-10 > 1161722421

From: "Bob Murray" <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Arbuthnot Charles Guthrie FLETCHER of Torosay
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 21:40:21 +0100

Hi Mary,

So far as I know Arbuthnot was the eldest son of Archibald Fletcher (my
grandfather Donald's eldest brother) and Jane Black born Burntisland, Fife.
So his full name was Arbuthnot Charles Guthrie Fletcher. See the 1871 Census
on the website where he was listed at Lochdonhead as son 5 years old. How he
got his name I don't know, perhaps the then owner of Torosay Castle did the
parents some great favour. I am not certain what happened to Arbuthnot after
the 1871 Census. His father became factor at Laudale in Morven and spent the
rest of his years there. Perhaps I should try to follow Arbuthnot up a bit
more.

Bob Murray
St Andrews, Scotland.

This thread: