SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2006-09 > 1158588175

From: Merle & Ida King <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] McCormack/McKinnon/McKechnie
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:02:55 -0600

Hi Malcolm

Just wondering if you knew where Euphemia Black 1813 (who married a
Beaton in Iona or Mull) then married Archibald Sinclair settled. We're
they in Grey Co., Ont as well?

For your collection :-)

I find an Archibald Sinclair b 1835 with a wife Isabel McLean b 1843 m
Sep 30 1859 in Glenelg basing this from the 1871 census info. Isabel abt
1865, Christina in abt 1866, Neil in 1868, Duncan in 1870, Annie in
1872, Donald in 1874, Mary in 1876 she might be called Minnie
later
Ida

Malcolm Black wrote:

>Good Evening,
>
>You mentioned the Beaton sisters who settled on the Durham Road in pioneer
>times. My Great Grandfather Archibald Black settled on the north side of the
>Durham Road where the Bunnessan School is located. He had a sister Effie
>(Euphemia, b1813) who married a Beaton and had two children Duncan and
>Flora. It is most likely that she married Beaton on Iona or Mull. Beaton
>died and she married Archie Sinclair with whom she begat Dan and Neil.
>

>Does any of this ring any bells for anyone?
>

>Malcolm Black

This thread: