SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2006-09 > 1158447206

From: "gerry" <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] McCormack/McKinnon/McKechnie
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 08:53:26 +1000

Hi Malcolm
Hector and his first wife Catherine Fletcher had an Allan bn abt 1835.Their
other children were John 1833,Donald francis, 1838, Charles 1850,Marion1842
according to the Mull1841 census .They went to Glenegl and then n. Bruce by
1855.My g grandfather Donald (who was born in the Mull Bunessan) married a
Catherine Mclaclan in 1869 - they moved to Whitemouth Man in the early
1890s. According to family lore a Malcolm and Archibald went to Canada with
the family - they could have been brothers or relatives.

My Donald Campbell line has died out so I am looking for his siblings and
Hectors children by Susan Kennedy Hector1855, -another
Charles1859,Anna,1861,Flora 1863,Sarah 1865,.
I have lived in Australia so long that I have lost touch with my Canadian
Rels. so I abvertised in a local Manitoba paper for family cantacts I
received a letter after a week from a Glen Wilson whose shares a Catherine
Campbell grandmother with me .His mother wrote an extensive of the family
which was helpful because she mentioned Mull but did not go back any
further.I found Hectors mother and father ( Ronald Campbell and Marion
Mclean).I decided after looking for Campbell relatives on Mull in vain to
look at the Canadian end.
I found a few references to Fletchers on my Hills of Glenegl DVD a Charlotte
Fletcher died Feb.5/40 Rocky Saugeen Cemetery, Margaret Fletcher cast a
ballot Burns church Rocky Saugeen 1825.and also a Charles Fletcher cast a
ballot.

Thank you for finding my Allan .
kind regard Gerry