SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2006-09 > 1158265444

From: "Cheri" <>
Subject: Re: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] McCormack/McKinnon/McKechnie
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:24:04 -0400

The Donald Campbell you mention living in the old Fletcher place was my
grandfather who married Christine McGillivray (parents Colin McGillivray &
Jessie Storey) from Bruce Twp Bruce County. Christine came to Bentinck to
teach at the Welbeck School where she caught the eye of Donald Campbell.
Christine continued as a writer for a number of publications while she
raised her family. Technically the farm belonged to their son
Alexander but the family lived there until the mid '60's after Donald(Doss)
death. I have a great Arial photo of the farm if any one is interested.

Cheri Ross
McGillivray/Campbell/McPhail connections