SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2006-05 > 1147126546

From: "jean whimp" <>
Subject: shipping lists on Mull genealogy
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 07:45:46 +0930

Hi Ian,

I've just checked out that your site was working OK and while there had a
look at the shipping lists. Looked at the Marmion where I know my Gt Uncle
Allan MacCallum travelled to Australia. His name does not appear because
he was a paying passenger, but on examining the original film I know that he
did travel out to Australia on the Marmion. Apparently the list only
contains HIES passengers. This is not a problem for me as I've already
seen the film, but others who are looking for passengers might want to
double check on HIES boats for the few who paid part of their fare and hence
were not listed.

Jean

This thread: