SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2003-09 > 1063550022

From: "Jim and Barbara Dancho" <>
Subject: Re: [Mull] McGillivary
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 07:33:42 -0700

Hi Anne and All,

Anne, if you do decide to post all the Catherine McGillvarys on the list, please include my g-g grandmother, Catherine McGillvary. I know you already have her in your data base. You found her marriage record for me for which I'm eternally grateful!!!

My Catherine McGillvary married Archibald McKechnie at Vaughan Presbyterian Church in Vaughan Twp, York Co. in 1836. They had four sons, three of which were baptized at Vaughan Presbyterian Church. One of them is my g-grandfather, Archibald McKechnie, jr. The family homesteaded a farm in Rocky Saugeen, Glenelg Twp, Grey Co., Ontario, Canada in the 1840's. I know from their gravestone that both Catherine and Archibald were from Mull.

I am fairly certain I have found the right Archibald on Mull. But, I cannot find my Catherine in Mull's OPR's. Several possibilities occur, but all of them have been accounted for by other list members.

Thanks,
Barbara Dancho