SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2003-09 > 1063437747

From: Jean Whimp <>
Subject: Re: [Mull] McGillivary
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:52:27 +0930

Grant,
Afraid I might be muddying things a little more but I have a Catherine
McGilvray who had an illegitimate son by my Grandmother's uncle - Captain
Hector Hugh McLean. She was supposedly his housekeeper. He married soon
after that,(to the minister's daughter not his Catherine!!!) but I have
wondered about the son and whether Catherine might have married soon after
and brought up the son with the name of his new father.
Hugh MCLEAN born to Captain Hector Hugh McLEAN and Catherine McGILVRAY (IGI
only shows it as Hector McLean, but OPR gives his full title)
Christening date 20 March 1818 Kilfinichen Argyll SCT

Any further info on Hugh McLEAN would be appreciated
Jean Whimp