SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2001-02 > 0983296038

From: "camb1" <>
Subject: Re: Question re hymn
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:47:18 -0000

The words of Cat Steven's "Morning has broken" are very different from those
of "Child in the Manger" the hymn by Mary MacDonald. I have/had a very
enjoyable Cat Stevens 45 rpm record to compare the two! The melody
"Bunessan" is used for both. Mary MacDonald would have written the text in
Gaelic and Hymn 180 in The Church Hymnary would be the English translation.
I am delighted that some fellow listers like "Child in the Manger" as much
as I do and it is additionally interesting to us, I am sure, because of the
Mull connection.
Bill Campbell.

This thread: