SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2001-02 > 0983212424

From: Melda Brunette <>
Subject: Re: Beware the Gap of Kilninian !
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:33:44 -0800

Dear List and Jo Currie,

She's on to something here for sure - should we be surprised? Not!
However I do have an IGI entry for 1826, Roderick McLucas, father John,
mother Flora Kennedy christened K and K 18 March 1826. There are at
least two children born after 1826 in the family - Margaret and
Archibald 1830-32.

Parents' marriage around 1809 in Kilmore, not in the IGI, is in family
records. Many subsequent children appear spottily in the IGI
1809-1826. Haven't had time to search the OPR's, so don't know
whereabouts in K and K, but suspect Mornish estate.

No confirmed marriages for the older children post 1826 either. The
bulk of the family emigrated to Australia arriving Janaury 1840 ex
Tobermory. Clearance victims almost for certain.

Now, upon whom do we want Jo to mount a barrage first: those who hold
the Duke of Argyll census records or the minions at Edinburgh Register
House?

Melda Brunette,
West Vancouver, B.C.
Canada. ex New Zealand