SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2000-08 > 0967154120

From: "Jean Whimp" <>
Subject: Kilfinichen or Iona marriage
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 07:25:20 +0930

Due to a diary that I have just read I have located my Great Grandmother's
sister and her husband in Sgairt holla, Iona in 1851 census (they are at
Deargphort nearby in 1841 also)
Both indicate they were born Kilfinichen (Mary' parents were Lachlan and
Mary Maclean of Bunessan). I realise that I can't get the birth of either,
but am wondering if anyone has easy access to the IGI for their marriage
either at Kilfinichen & Kilvickeon or at Iona (former more likely).

Sqairt holla 1851
MacLean Allan 65 farms 12 acres born Kilfinichen
Mary 60 wife born Kilfinichen
John 7 nephew
Leisy 10 lodger
MacInnis Charles 17 servant
MacPhie Mary 20 servant
McCallam Allan 25 Unmd visitor born Tobermory
(Allan is a brother of John MacCallum
lawyer of Tobermory)

Mary is a sister of Catherine MacCallum (nee Maclean) of Tobermory and the
aunt of Allan even though it does not say it in the census.

Does anyone have access to the marriages for K&K or Iona to check for Allan
MacLean and Mary Maclean's marriage.
Thanks Jean Whimp

This thread: