SCROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > SCROOTS > 2004-10 > 1096856861

Subject: Re: Benenhaley,Oxendine,Buckner,Ray,Hood families of Sumter
Date: 3 Oct 2004 20:27:41 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/CdB.2ACE/147.3

Message Board Post:

Hey,
I don't know where i fit in, but i would love any info you have on the Benenhaleys.

My dad is Harry Brooks Benenhaley 1946
He had 3 brothers and 1 sister

Luther Ray
Anderson
Belford
Alice Ann

They were all born of Luther Ray Benenhaley and Alice Ann Hess Benenhaley. I know that my grandfather Luther had another child by another marriage and at my grandmother's funeral a few years back he was there. I don't know his name. That's sad i know. We moved away from sumter at an early age. My grandfather Luther, died in 1982 i believe undergoing open heart surgery and i'm almost positive he was 72. I can clear this up with my mom and dad and maybe get some more info on the benenhaleys.

But i have 3 sisters. My uncle Ray had 4 children (2 boys - Jerry & David, 2 Daughters - Alice & Beverly)
Uncle Andy had 1son that he found out about a few years ago named Scott (but he doesn't carry the benenhaley sir name.) also uncle andy is in the federal penitentary in Kentucky. Uncle belford had 3 kids i think. All the family had a falling out with him because he was in germany at the time of granddad's death and didn't come home. so i don't know much about them except that they were all red headed.
aunt alice (bootsie) married a man and moved to north caroline and had 2 girls.
by the way - uncle ray died a few years back. they always suspected his 2nd wife may have poisoned him but she had him buried right away!!!
anyway, maybe i can firm up some dates and see if that helps add to anything.

Thanks for any info you can give.

This thread: