SCOTLAND-L Archives

Archiver > SCOTLAND > 2001-08 > 0997364463

Subject: [SCOTLAND~] William LOVE b. Nov. 22, 1841 in Scotland
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:41:03 EDT

Hi List
I've been searching for the family of my William Love, born in Glasgow on
November 22, 1841, (according to his death record) for two years with no
results.
According to the 1900 census, William immigrated in 1845 to the United
States. However between 1845 and when he married (1864) in Janesville,
Wisconsin, William's background remains a mystery.
Since I have not been able to learn the name of his parents, or connect him
to any other Love's in the United States, I turned my attention to Glasgow.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about finding the parents
and family of William in Glasgow before they immigrated?
I don't know what church they may have been affiliated with while living in
Glasgow. His wedding announcement in the newspaper was the only official
record of his marriage to Uretta Robbins of NY.
I was able to get a listing of Love's in 1841 from a business directory in
Glasgow, but obviously that's not going to connect William to parents.
Are there any other LOVE researchers working on a family that may fit this
profile? I've tried the LOVE list, but haven't had any success.
I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks,
~Michelle

This thread: