SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: <>
Subject: Re: V98 #241 Schacht Surname/Nebraska
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 16:02:08 EDT

<< ----------
> From: Sharron K. Lawhorn <>
> Subject: Schacht
> Date: Thursday, October 08, 1998 11:11 AM
>
> Am searching for further info on my great grandfather Peter H. Schacht
> or VonSchacht, b. S-H July 1863, left Germany via Hamburg and ended up
> in Nebraska. His parents died around 1870, he was raised by
> grandparents.
>
> Would appreciate any help.
> Sharron Lawhorn

****************************
I too am looking for additional information on the Schacht Surname in Nebraska
and California. William Schacht and Augusta Riessen were married in Pierce,
Nebraska August 19, 1903. Witnesses to the marriage were Mary Schacht and
Bernard Grunwaldt. William was born in Chicago about 1880. Augusta was born
in Denison, Iowa about 1885. They had three sons; Glen, Daniel, and Vernon.
All three sons were born in McLean, Nebraska. The family moved to California
after 1911.

William died October 19, 1942, Augusta November 29, 1970

I believe Glen's wife was named Myrtle; Vernon's wife was Virginia. Don't
know what Daniel's wife's name was but believe that one of their daughter's
name was Gail. I have been told that a son of either Glen, Daniel, or Vernon
was a police officer who was killed in the line of duty, in California or
Oregon.

Would like to make contact with anyone who might have additional information.

Jerry Riessen

This thread: