SCHALL-L Archives

Archiver > SCHALL > 2006-05 > 1147061204

Subject: Re: John & Lydia E. (Baker) Schall
Date: 7 May 2006 22:06:44 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/jNFBAEB/141.1

Message Board Post:

Dear Shirley,

I can help you in your search for the Schall/Shaul family. My grandmother was born in Chanceford Township, York County, Pennsylvania and her maiden name is SHAULL. She is a relative of your husband. We have done a great deal of research on the descendants of the SCHALL/SHAUL/SHAULL family of Chanceford Township. Your John Schall was the son of John Shaul, Jr. and Margaret NN his wife. (I descend from John Jr.'s older brother George Shaul and wife Barbara Schweitzer) John Shaul, Jr. was the son of Captain John Shaul who died in January 1814 in Lower Chanceford Township, York County, Pennsylvania. He moved to the Chanceford Township area around 1800 from Piney Creek Hundred, Frederick County, Maryland. His wife was Catharine Reinhard (1756-1825) daughter of Valentine Reinhard and wife Barbara of Frederick County, Maryland.

Captain John Shaul was the son of Joseph Schall/Shaul born 1719, Bonlanden, Wuerttemberg died 1785, Baltimore County, Maryland. He emigrated in 1749 on the Ship Albany, arriving in Phildadelphia. He was the illegitimate son of Anna Schall and Joseph Schuster, a soldier. I have Anna's Schall line traced back to the late 1500s.

James Henry Schall's sister Sarah remained in York County and married James P. Robinson. I know descendants of this couple. I would be very interested in hearing from you, and would be willing to share any information you may be interested in.

Richard Konkel,
York, Pennsylvania

This thread: