SCCOLLET-L Archives

Archiver > SCCOLLET > 2007-07 > 1184529182

From: "" <>
Subject: [SCCOLLET] CEMETERY FINDING PROJECT
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:53:02 -0000

Author: Paul_M_Kankula
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.southcarolina.counties.colleton/2656/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

About three months ago, my friend Gary Flynn and I decided to GPS map all the known cemeteries in the State of SC. At first, that sounded like am impossible task to us. However, since April we have a tremendous amount of progress! If you visit http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/southcarolina/sc-graves/sc-graves1.html, you'll be able to view what progress we have made.

Twenty-five counties have been completed and 21 are in their final stages. We are currently using about 8 different resources to determine estimated cemetery GPS locations that will normally put you within eyesight of the cemeteries.

We hope that you'll find a use for this info. Please tell others about this webpage.

Paul Kankula

Anderson-Oconee-Pickens SC GenWeb County Coordinator

Important Note: