SCCOLLET-L Archives

Archiver > SCCOLLET > 2007-07 > 1184270391

From: ,
Subject: Re: [SCCOLLET] Lewis GEORGE b. 1779 Colleton County SC
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:59:57 -0000

Author: lionsport
Surnames: George, Standley or Stanley, Dyall or Dial, Thornton, Walker
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.southcarolina.counties.colleton/1569.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Trish, Marlene, and who ever else is reading this now-a-days.
I just found this message board with all of you talking from 2005 to 2006 and now it is 2007. I guess I am way behind times.
Anyway, my Grandfather was Curtis Britton George, son to Joel Alexander George, who was son to Britton George , who was son to Lewis Louis George.
Curtis married Willie Lee Standley or Stanley, Joel married Elizabeth Dial Dyall but our family Bible has it as just Dyall. Britton married Elizabeth Thornton, and Lewis married Sabra Walker.
I know there were other wives involved, but those were the ones most important to me.
I hope it is all correct and if any of my family wants to contact me, feel free. I am always happy to talk to family, no matter how distant. And besides, I am a real clutz looking for stuff on this computer so I need all the help I can get to finish this for my kids before I am too old to type on this thing.lol The only Elizabeth Dial I found was from Robecco N.C. and she was listed as Native American. My mother always said we were Irish, English, Black Dutch, and Native American. But, I need it to be with records for me to believe it I guess. I don`t mind either way, just want to be sure for my children because they are asking me.By the way, I just learned that Black Dutch and Native American could very well be the same thing in some cases.
Thanks to all from G. Daniels

Important Note: