SANDS-L Archives

Archiver > SANDS > 2004-04 > 1082265023

Subject: Re: [SANDS] New list Administrator
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:10:23 EDT

How nice to hear from you, Sarah, and to know that you are stil checking on
the Sands family. Yes -- I have checked Hartford. They were in Cornwall, CT
in 1706 when Hannah and John Easton Olcott sold property that they had bought
inn 1704.

One of their sons was living in Catskill and a daughter was married there.
Another son was living in Hudson,NY. I have checked Hartford, Catskill, Hudson
and Cornwall every so often over the years so they know me by now and assure
me that there is no record of them

However, I have located the family of Julia Ann DaVall who married Charles
Olcott (son of Hannah and John Easton Olcott and they have sent me pictures with
the right names on them and even old letters which proved the relationship.
Daughters of Founders and Patriots just this past winter accepted all of that
as proof (along with information from descendants of siblings of Charles). So
I am happy that that has been accomplished. However, I still keep hoping to
find just where they were buried. (It's a matter of pride at this point.)

Sarah, have you ever been in touch with Rod Davis at and
also
gencircles.com/users/dav4is/ ? There is a world of information there.

Thanks so much for keeping in touch.

Florence

This thread: