RootsWeb-Help-L Archives

Archiver > RootsWeb-Help > 2009-02 > 1234284028

From: Pat Asher <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTSWEB-HELP] FTPing help needed
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:40:28 -0500

At 10:16 AM 2/10/2009, you wrote:
> I'm still getting that out of place slash which I guess is causing it
>to not connect -
> what are the correct addresses to place in the remote line, the
>host name line, the host address line?

To upload using your browser (Firefox), in the address box enter

ftp://accountname: type="text/javascript">DisplayMail('','passWorD');

Firefox will prompt you for your account password.
Once logged in, click on public_html to see the files in that directory.

To upload using Filezilla, CuteFtp, WS_FTP, etc., in the setup dialogue, enter

host name/address:
Remote directory: public_html
UserID: account name
password: ********

Complete instructions for using Filezilla are here:

Note these instructions are for the Freepages server, so you will
need to change the host name and remote directory.

This thread: