RootsWeb-Help-L Archives

Archiver > RootsWeb-Help > 2008-03 > 1206798632

Subject: Re: [ROOTSWEB-HELP] URLs
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:50:32 EDT

Linda-

This would seem to be a violation of RootsWeb's rules--because you would
merely be providing a redirect to a site OFF RootsWeb where your page content is
stored. Eventually, this will be caught and the redirects deleted by
RootsWeb.

To answer Tim's question, RootsWeb would allow some time in case the account
holder wishes to return or changes their minds but, in time--maybe a few
weeks or months--the URLs would be available to anyone who wishes to create a
county, state, etc. website at RootsWeb either as a private site or one
connected to a different project. From what I've seen thus far, there are people
waiting to grab those URLs and put them to good use.

Joan

I put up an index page - identical to what was there - but the
links go to the new site.

Linda Haas Davenport