RYLAND-L Archives

Archiver > RYLAND > 2007-01 > 1168431902

From: KEVIN KEELEY <>
Subject: Re: [RYLAND] RYLANDS FROM IRELAND
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:25:02 +0000 (GMT)

Kathy,
First a slight correction. Westmeath is a county within the Province of Meath. Dublin City and Dublin County were also in the province of Meath. There were essentially five provinces in the times we are speaking about viz Ulster, Meath, Connacht, Munster and Leinster. Ulster then was larger than the present day Ulster, now part of Britain which comprises just six counties. My Rylands were from Dublin County - not grand enough for Dublin City. I will look at Griffith's Valuation for Westmeath and see what I can find and come back to you.
Best wishes
Kevin Keeley

KHarrison <> wrote:
Hello Kevin, Sam & All,

I am desperately seeking any info on ANY Irish Rylands from County Westmeath. I believe the city of Dublin is in this County.

My ancestor, Nelson John Ryland, came to Alabama in the 1830's with brothers Jonathan & Peter Ryland. I believe the Rylands below from County Westmeath, Ireland are related to my Nelson. Related surnames are FRANCIS AND LEE.

http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths.php

Griffiths Valuation of Ireland ca 1840

Surname/First Name/Townland/Parish/County

Following are the exact matches:

Ryland John Kiltober Rahugh Westmeath
Ryland Peter Garryduff Rahugh Westmeath
Ryland George Kiltober Rahugh Westmeath
Ryland George Atticonor Rahugh Westmeath
Ryland Joseph Torque Newtown Westmeath
Ryland Joseph Rahinashane and Spittaltown Newtown Westmeath

If anyone has ANY info I would be sooo very grateful.
Thanks so much.

Regards,
Kathy Harrison

when this you see ~ remember me